Saturday 11 June 2011

First Post

Yep. First post.

Definitely not a cause for celebration (by my reckoning anyway), but a noteworthy point in space nonetheless.

So... Method to my Moron. Obviously an amazing title for a blog (brimming with obviousness), though when it comes down to it, there really is no method to my posting. I guess the use of "moron" fits perfectly well with my premise then!

Despite a lack of said premise, it's probably worthwhile to present some of my musings as to why the hell I actually started this blog. Aside from being a freakin' cool name (yes, I've already mentioned that; worthy of a second mention though), it can be observed that everyone has an inner moron. Many of us are aware of our moronic tendencies, and even embrace them at times, though the truly most hilarious and spectacular morons are the individuals who have no idea that that is how they're being viewed. This is obviously quite subjective, and dependent upon our own thoughts, beliefs, prejudices, and blah blah blah, but the main point to take away is that yep, we can all be morons at times... Fortunately though, we can be redeemed when we're aware of the fact (even if by just a little bit). Non-redemption lies in stubbornness, ignorance and unflinching arrogance (caveat: doesn't apply when that relates to ourselves... this is true for me at least; I'm never wrong).

I digress though. This isn't going to be a blog where my sole purpose is to single out stupid dummies and their stupid dummy exploits... I don't know what the premise of this blog is yet? All I can say is that if I do see an example of the height of moronic behaviour, I'll be more than happy to point it out to myself through this blog (and as time goes by, hopefully some semblance of a readership)

Digression #2... I'll also be writing about other goodies. Nuggets of anything that my brain deems fit to write about. Who knows where it'll end up, but hopefully it won't be seen as too moronic... As stated though, as long as I'm aware of the fact then I can at least sleep easy with the knowledge that I'm somehow redeemed. Cool.

Stay tuned dear reader (kind of a misnomer at this point... I dont have any freakin' readers!), things are about to get moronic!